Friday 19 September 2008

Something written a while ago


This was written after a particularly pleasant evening in the company of someone, who was just great company...


Although i may seem quite verbose,
This evening's incidents don't allow me to put them down in prose.

I stood in the distance,
apprehensive , defensive..

Hoping fervently that you can't read me as you do..
cause i am scared of you too..

Scared and ready to bolt..
not ready to let known the secrets that my heart may hold..

But you ..
But you were subtle and yet were bold, 
and ensured that i say out aloud all that i tried to hold.. 

that was not fair i judged  ..
and I came back and pledged..

Never be overt , be subtle..
don't say out aloud the ways of heart in a hustle..

Tried I , with all my might 
but could not put up a mighty fight..

for the eveing was one of wistful conversation , 
spaced out by comfortable, shared silences, 
no hurry .. 
no sudden urge to run..
a bit of misdirected humor and hints of annoyance 
hiding behind them sudden fits of laughter ..
although no jokes were shared..

soulful looks..
untroubled naps..
and of a rare feeling that for one evening,
the universe was just the way I wanted it to be.

5 comments:

Vishal said...

so whose company was it??? ;)

nice piece of poetry though...

Akshat said...

the person knws.. thats all i am going to say

The Girl said...

its beautiful..
its like u mind read wts going on with me n wrote dt..

pat on d back

Anonymous said...

:) ... :) ...

MAXIMUS said...

pretty neat dude.
just change the power equation a bit would do us wonders!!!